Hi there! Happy Friday!
Confession: when you’re unemployed and not in school, Fridays/weekends in general aren’t a big deal. But I’ll get excited for you guys (P.S. I’ve been done school for less than 2 weeks and I’m already bored. Someone hire me).
5 Things I’ve Eaten Lately:
1. I used the last half of the Flapjacked packet I got from Blend to make up a waffle, which I topped with a sliced banana and a ‘sauce’ made with chocolate whey protein, peanut butter and almond milk.
This was last weekend – weekends are made for waffles.
2. Mom’s Pepper Steak on white rice.
I love it when people cook for me.
3. Oats with chocolate Nuttzo, strawberry jam and a fried egg.
Some things don’t change.
4. A bison burger, sweet potato fries and salad from McCabe’s on Tuesday night with friends.
I love it when restaurants give you the half salad/half fries option. I don’t love it when I get a shitton of raw onions though – those were removed.
We all know that mine is the one with sprinkles.
5 Things Happening This Week:
1. I”m starting to put together my answers for the Ask Me Anything series, so if there’s anything you want to ask me, do so here!
I won’t! (img source)
2. Although one little announcement in regards to Ask Me Anything – I’ve had a couple of questions about Eric and whether or not we are still together. The answer is no – we broke up a few weeks ago. I’m not quite ready to discuss it here, so thank you for being patient and respecting my privacy about this right now.
3. It’s the bestie’s birthday tomorrow, and to celebrate we’re heading to a beach house in Michigan with a small group of people. I’m not planning to blog while I’m there, but I’ll be available through email and I plan to Instagram some of our shenanigans. I’ll be back at it on this little internet space of mine on Wednesday or Thursday!
4. As I’m typing this (Thursday afternoon) I’m getting ready to go a free Stand Up Paddleboarding ‘tryout’ session. Ohmygod I’m so excited. And preparing myself to faceplant in the water because my balance is not fantastic (although yoga is making it better!)
No paddleboarding pug this time though.
5. Oh, and in case anyone is wondering what happened to the pug in the breakup:
He’s with me. That dog is 100% my baby and I never would have left without him.
5 Things I Pinned This Week:
1. F. Scott Fitzgerald gets me.
Seriously, that is my life right now.
2. I love meeting people I can talk to for hours.
If you can engage in a difficult or limitless conversation with me, you’re going to be one of my favourite people.
3. This is a great quote from my absolute favourite book.
Seriously, Alice in Wonderland is amazing.
4. Cake Batter Whipped Cream via Beyond Frosting.
I do love me some whipped cream, but a cake batter version? Brilliant.
5. The best advice I’ve heard in a while.
Clearly, I still can’t stop on the quotes. But have a fabulous weekend and I’ll talk to you guys sometime next week!
<— What are you doing this weekend?
<— Best thing you’ve eaten this week?
<— Side salad, side of fries, or both?
<– What’s your favourite quote right now?