You’ll have to excuse me if this post is rushed – I have approximately 20 minutes to get it this post up and get on with my day. Apparently when you’re moving halfway across the country, you develop a long list of things you have to do and people you have to see. So you’ll have to excuse me if this little blog gets a little less attention than usual for the next few weeks.
But a few people have requested that I post a recipe for the Banana Protein Pancake you see popping up here pretty frequently. It’s a variation of the Tone It Up girls version that I posted waaay back in the early days of the blog, but I’ve made a few changes since so I figured it deserved a re-post. Protein goods can be a little dry, but I think I’ve managed to combat that with extra egg whites and banana. You might be a little disappointed if you’re expecting something that tastes like a classic buttermilk pancake, but this version is pretty damn fantastic, if I don’t say so myself.
Banana Protein Pancake
- 1 leveled-off scoop of protein powder (I use North Coast Naturals 100% ISO Protein)
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (I use unsweetened vanilla)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- combine protein powder, egg whites, almond milk, flexseed and baking powder in a bowl. Stir until well combined.
- mash half the banana and add to protein mixture. Stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into a medium-sized pan over medium heat.
- Wait until the pancake is almost cooked through (3-5 minutes) and flip. If you flip before it’s ready, it will break!
- Cook for a minute or two on the other side, then slide onto a plate. Top with the other half of the sliced banana and whatever else you’d like – nut butter, yogurt, and maple syrup are all great options.
Have a good one!
<— If you were leaving your current city, what would be on your ‘must-do’ list?
<— Favourite breakfast these days?
<— Pancakes, waffles or french toast? All of the above for me!