Hi there! Hope you had a fabulous weekend.
I was excited when I saw a running survey floating around the interwebs a few weeks ago, because hey – I’m a runner right now! And I love a good survey, soooo that’s what we’re doing today.
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or along a mountain trail?
Mountain trail! I haven’t actually run along a beach in maybe 10 years or so. Mountains are just super peaceful and relaxing to me.
Even when said trail goes straight up…
2. If you could choose the flavour of Gatorade at your next race’s aid station, what would it be?
Fruit punch would also be an acceptable option.
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it?
More compression socks. They definitely make a huge difference with my legs and the recovery period after a long run. New shoes would be my next choice.
And obviously I’d keep the obnoxiously bright thing going.
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and then decide how far and fast you want to run?
Training plan that has been tweaked to my preferences and ability. If I didn’t have a plan, I’d feel like I’d either seriously overdo it or make all my runs short and easy.
5. Would you rather start your run with an uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with a downhill and end with an uphill?
So I live at the top of the hill and the vast majority of my runs are out and back, so I’m used to ending on the uphill. I’d be ok switching that up once in a while though.
6. When you can’t run, what kind of cross-training do you do?
I love my weights – heavy lifting or BodyPump at GoodLife Fitness!
7. What is your preference – out and back, point to point or loop runs?
I feel most comfortable with out and back because I know there’s less of a chance of me getting lost/going the wrong way, but I’d like to throw some loop runs in there once in a while.
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be…?
A barbell or a set of weights. I used to have knee issues when I ran a few years ago, but as soon as I started taking strength training seriously (and worked out my muscle imbalances) it went away. Cross training – do it!
9. Do you ever see wild animals while out for a run?
Calgary has deer EVERYWHERE. And they seem super used to people. I’ll come running down a path in Fish Creek Park, and a deer 6 feet away will barely look in my direction.
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
Sometimes I’ll take a wrong turn in the park on my way back, but I know the general direction that I’m heading so it always spits me out on the main, familiar path. Hence why I do out and backs – otherwise I’d probably be getting lost all the time. Maintaining a sense of direction = not my forte.
11. If you could have one meal ready and waiting for you each time you got home for a run for the next 30 days, what would that be?
Some sort of sweet breakfast food…pancakes, waffles or french toast would do the job nicely.
Something like my favourite Flapjacked/banana/Nutella combo. That’d be cool.
12. Capris or shorts…what do you run in most often?
If I’m wearing compression socks/sleeves, I prefer shorts – I just have to make sure I remember the Bodyglide. For shorter runs, either/or will work.
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start feeling like it’s warmed up and ready to go?
For a long run, probably around mile 3. The first mile is fine, mile 2 usually sucks, and then mile 3 I’m ok. I also tend to hit the wall around mile 8, which lasts until mile 10 or so.
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
The armband I use for my phone/music has a little key holder in it, so I stick my spare house key in there.
15. If you could relive any race you’ve done in the past, which would it be?
The Calgary half! Although it was my first half marathon and second race ever, I loved the race and was seriously proud of myself for how I did that day.
Clearly, a lot of these pictures are from my Instagram – are you following me?
That’s it for me – have a good one!
<— When do you usually ‘hit the wall’ when running?
<— Shorts or crops when you run?
<— What would you buy with $100 to a running store?
This post was written as part of the Goodlife Fitness Blogger Ambassador Program. However, all opinions expressed are my own.