Happy Friday friends!
How has your week been? Mine’s been busy, so I’m looking forward to some downtime today. But let’s get right into the usual Friday things, shall we?
Five Things I Ate This Week:
Mini Salsa and White Bean Loaves via Making Thyme for Health.
Quite possibly my favourite vegetarian recipe – that’s probably because of the salsa and cheese involved. These have been my work lunch/dinners all week. So good!
2. Peanut butter and banana toast.
My pre-11 miler breakfast last Sunday. I ate about an hour before heading out and I think this was perfect pre-run. I’ll try it again for this weekend’s 12 mile run, but I think this is going to be my half marathon breakfast.
3. Little Cheeseburger and Fries from Five Guys.
Whenever I was working overnights last week, I found myself with a Five Guys craving around the 4-5 am mark. So naturally, I made sure to stop there for dinner a few days ago – best decision ever.
4. Banana protein oats in a jar.
The best for on-the-go breakfasts. Although they require an unnaturally big spoon to keep my fingers from getting all messy and oat-y.
5. Blueberry Flapjacked pancakes with banana slices and Nutella.
Nutella was the other big craving of the week – perfect for a chocolate-for-breakfast sort of day.
5 Things Happening This Week:
1. Biggest lesson from my long run last week: chafing is a serious thing. I couldn’t find my usual pair of Nike running shorts that I use for long runs, so I used a different pair and definitely paid the price.
I feel like this was a solid investment.
2. Since I can’t find my running shorts, of course I had to run out and buy a new pair.
My last pair were black. This pair…is not. Somehow in the last few years I’ve developed a thing for pink and yellow. If only my high school (dressed in black, heavy-eyelinered, chain and spike wearing) self could see me now. I’d be horrified.
3. Did you see that Flapjacked released their newest flavour?
Carrot Spice! I’m thinking that some pancakes with a cream cheese icing is in order. Cannot wait to get my hands on this!
4. Thing I’ve learned lately: eye masks are a shift-workers best friend. Especially because there is a ridiculous amount of sunlight in Alberta in the warmer months. Back home, I’m used to it being dark by 9:30 in the longest days of the year. Here, we haven’t hit even June yet and there was still some light left when I took Atticus out for a walk at 10:00 pm the other night. I’ve never used eyemasks before but it’s making a big difference when I have to sleep during the day.
5. My parents are good at knowing how to cheer me up.
They knew I was struggling with homesickness and work issues, so I got a cute little care package. That included a lot of purple things (my favourite colour) and Reese’s. And a picture of Atticus when he was all super tiny and adorable (now he’s kinda chubby but still adorable). It was such a nice surprise when I had been feeling down.
5 Things I Pinned This Week:
1. Because the universe conspires to help you achieve it.
2. So make sure you know that you deserve the best.
3. It’s never too late to start over.
4. There is a reason.
5. This week’s drool-worthy pin: S’mores Oreo Brownie Bars via Bombshell Bling.
Since we’re more or less into summer, all I’m going to want are S’mores. So throw that in there with brownies and oreos? SOLD.
That’s it for me – have a great weekend!
<— Weekend plans?
<— Are you a burger person? I am to some extent. I won’t think about them too often, but then once in a while I’ll get the “I need one rightthissecond” sort of craving.
<— Workout clothes: do you go for colourful and bright or do you stick to darks/neutrals?
<— What’s your usual pre workout meal or snack?