Hi guys! Happy Friday!
Any exciting plans this weekend? I’ll be working, but the weather is supposed to be gorgeous so I’ll definitely be heading outside as much as I can. Fingers crossed that winter is over and done with for Alberta!
But since it is that time of the week – Five Things Friday!
5 Things I Ate This Week:
1. Sushi at Marra’s Way in Canmore.
My first dinner when I moved to Canmore was sushi, so it seemed fitting that my last dinner out before I moved to the city was sushi as well. We were hoping to hit Chef Studio Japan, but it was closed for renovations so we headed to Marra’s instead. It was pretty good – the sushi wasn’t the best quality I’d ever had, but it was cheap, so there’s that.
2. 90% dark chocolate.
In an attempt to rein in my sweet tooth a little (as per one of my goals this month) but still eat chocolate, I’m going for the super-dark stuff. 90% might be a little too much for me though – I may have to drop it back to 80% or 85%. Although chocolate in any form = the best.
3. Banana protein oats in a Nuttzo jar.
I usually end up with messy fingers after OIAJ but WORTH IT.
4. Western omelette with hash browns and toast.
When I had dinner with my coworker on Wednesday, he suggested Blackfoot Diner - a real truck stop, complete with little individual jukeboxes at some of the tables with all Elvis and old country songs. Whenever I end up at a 24-hour breakfast place I always need to go with something breakfast-y. This was so, so greasy – but tasty!
5. Flapjacked protein pancakes with coconut butter.
Sometimes you want super doctored-up pancakes, sometimes, you want to stick with something simple. It got the job done.
5 Things Happening This Week:
1. I think I’m pretty much settled into the new place and getting back to a routine. And of course, so’s Atticus – he’s been doing real well in his new home. Although to be fair, he’s now lived in 5 different places with me. So I guess he’s getting used to it?
2. I missed Bodypump so much.
I’ve been twice this week and I may go again tomorrow. I’m planning on dividing my weights workouts between high-rep/low-weight stuff (Bodypump) and low-rep, high-weight stuff (my own weight room workouts) but right now I’m so excited by the return of Bodypump that that’s what I’m focusing on. I will vary my routine sooner or later!
3. So I almost locked myself out of the house yesterday. I would have been stuck for ohhh….six hours? Glad I avoided that.
4. I’m sure we all saw that Emma Watson will play Belle in a live-action version of Beauty and the Beast, but did you see who’s going to play Beast?
I love Downtown Abbey. So this excites me so much.
5. I currently have a bunch of black bristol board covering the window in my room so I can sleep during the day when I need to. Life of a shift worker.
5 Things I Pinned This Week:
1. One of my favourite quotes from my favourite story.
2. Aren’t we?
3. I want this for my wall.
4. Good question.
5. This week’s drool-worthy pin: Mounds Layer Cake via Confession of a Cookbook Queen.
Because chocolate and coconut.
That’s it for me today – have a great weekend!
<— Dark, milk or white chocolate?
<— What are your weekend plans?
<— When you strength train, do you prefer high weight/low rep or high rep/low weight?