Before I get to the bulk of this post, a few things I need to mention.
1. Reading through my comments on yesterday’s post, I just have to say that you guys are freakin’ awesome. Thanks for all your support! You guys reminded me that most people get that sort of guilt, and I just have to keep in mind that it’s the ED and I need to keep it at bay. Thanks loves! <3
2. I haven’t been posting a lot of breakfast pictures lately because it’s been either protein pancakes or oatmeal – yea, you guys know what those look like. I finally made something a tad bit more creative yesterday…
2 sunny side up eggs on a toasted english muffin with pumpkin butter and goat brie. I get points for trying, right?
3. I let out a minor squeal of excitement when I got home from school yesterday.
The variety pack of Larabars I won from Kenzie last month FINALLY arrived! This is so big, you guys. In Canada (at least around here) I can usually only find them in about 6 or 7 different flavours. So getting 16 different ones just made my day.
The hardest part is deciding which one to try first. I’m thinking blueberry muffin, carrot cake or chocolate chip cookie dough.
4. The lovely Amanda at running with spoons nominated me for the Sunshine award!
If you don’t read this girl’s blog, you need to start. Like now (Well, read this post first. Then go find her ). I just found her blog a little while ago and it’s become one of my favourites – she’s a fantastic writer and has one of the best outlooks on food I’ve ever seen. And her food photography induces drooling.
~If you are nominated, you must include the link in the blog, linking it back to the person/blog who nominated you
~You must answer some questions and nominate 7 fellow bloggers and link their names in this post
~Let the people know you have nominated them!
1. Who is your favourite philosopher?
Really? This is a question? *desperately racks brain trying to recall anything from philosophy*
I took an intro philosophy course and a philosophy of law class in my undergrad.While it was interesting, I didn’t like it enough to keep going with it. I’m going to say Plato for this question, just because the only thing that really jumps out of my was his allegory of the cave thing.
I don’t know that I ever really had a favourite number. I chose 12 as my number when I played field hockey in high school, so we’ll go with that!
3. What is your favourite animal?
These are difficult questions! When I was a kid I was one of those “I-want-to-be-a-veterinarian!” types – clearly an animal lover. So it’s hard to narrow down my absolute favourite. But some of the top picks:
Polar bears – it’s a slightly weird obsession. Whenever I go to the zoo, they’re the first animal I make a beeline for. I just think they’re gorgeous.
Pugs. because I really, really want one.
Koalas. 100% because this meme exists. Pretty sure I died laughing the first time I saw it.
4. What are you Facebook and Twitter?
On the list of things to do: get Facebook for the blog.
I do have twitter though: @Sprinkled_Sam – follow me!
5. What is your favourite time of day?
Since I moved my workouts to afternoons, I’ve been thoroughly enjoying mornings. I wake up, throw on my robe, make some tea and read blogs for a little while before I have to get ready for school. It gets the day started on a nice, relaxing note – definitely necessary for a student.
And of course, just the simple fact that it’s breakfast time makes it pretty awesome too.
6. What was your favourite vacation?
That’s hard to say! I went to Mexico last May, and it was amazing.
I basically ate and drank my way through the week and was able to relax and enjoy myself. At the same point, I remember being pretty damn excited when I went to Disney when I was 8.
I’m really hoping to be able to go to Europe sometime in the near future – I’ve never been! My mom’s a travel agent so the desire to travel is definitely ingrained in me.
7. What is your favourite physical activity?
Lately, I’ve been loving the heavy weights. I love watching my muscles get bigger and the size of my weights go up – I just feel accomplished. While I do still like running, it doesn’t feel like my first exercise love anymore. But who knows – that could change in the future!
8. What is your favourite non-alcoholic drink?
It’s boring, but I drink more water than anything else. I hate coffee (as I’ve made extremely clear) and drink tea a few times a week. I have a weakness for diet coke, but I try to keep it to once a week or less.
9. What is your favourite flower?
Calla lilies. Definitely my future wedding flower – so pretty.
10. What is your passion?
God, there’s so many things I love. This blog. Writing. Food. Helping others fight the battle with EDs. School. Fitness. Working with youth.
The ultimate goal is to find some sort of career that pretty much covers everything.
And now the nominating part.
- 1. Alex @ therunwithin
- 2. Meg @ adashofmeg
- 3. Rachel @ rachrachbobach
- 4. Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate
- 5. Sloane @ Strength in Freedom
- 6. Laurie @ Love Laugh Laurie
- 7. Tessa @ Amazing Asset
And y’know, whoever else wants to fill this out.
Have a great Thursday!
<— Any other diet coke addicts out there?
<— Favourite Larabar flavour?
<— Pick any (or all) of the above questions and answer them!