Seeing so many Thanksgiving recaps this week gave me a massive longing for a big, holiday-ish dinner.
Roast beef (red meat once a week!), mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans. Served with a small glass of wine – definitely made my night.
25 Days of Blogging Christmas Challenge
So…I like Christmas.
So when I saw Jenny’s Christmas challenge, I knew I wanted to take part.
25 different topics. 25 days until Christmas. Sounds fun, right?
It’ll make for a fun month.
Your favourite Christmas movie:
It’s only the first question and I already have no idea where to start!
My dad and I are both huge into Christmas movies…we have a stash that we get through every December. Definitely fanatics!
I can’t pick one, so I’m going to give you my top three, ok?
1. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
I can’t imagine a Christmas without watching this movie. Every time I watch it, I crack up, even though I’ve seen it more times than I can count. The biggest lesson I’ve learned: check Christmas trees for squirrels.
Favourite moment: When the lights on the house finally go up. Now that is one hell of a lights display.
2. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Christmas without this movie is just absolutely unacceptable – every December as a kid, I would look for it every time it was on TV. It’s one of those movies that just reminds me of childhood.
Favourite moment: The Island of Misfit Toys song. I wouldn’t mind a Jack in the Box named Charlie!
3. The Polar Express
Everything about this movie is brilliant. The storyline, the message, the animation, Tom Hanks…if I ever want to remind myself what Christmas should be about, I watch this movie. I remember reading the book as a kid and loving it, so it’s no surprise I’m obsessed with the movie as well:
Favourite moment: When the train is going over the mountains at crazy speeds – it actually makes my stomach jump.
Note: I did not mention “Elf.” I don’t think it’s a bad movie, but I REALLY don’t get why everyone’s obsessed with it!
What happened over here last month!
Recipe of the Month Club
- Slow Cooker Chicken – the easiest chicken recipe ever.
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew – you’d think I’m enjoying my slow cooker.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – cookies contribute greatly to my overall well being.
Working on My Fitness
- 6 Down, 6 To Go – Halfway through the fitness plan!
- Week 7 – Listening to my body when it doesn’t want to be pushed.
- Workouts in Chicago – Changing up my workout to suite the environment.
Moments of the Month
- What I Ate in Chicago – I love me a good foodie city.
- Happy Retirement! – My mom throws an awesome surprise party.
- What I Sound Like – my debut into VLOGs.
- Christmas Dance Party – the first party of the season!
Random Stuff I Blog About
- I Stopped at 35: The casino was not my friend that night.
- Adjust and Continue: Low iron? I’ll beat that.
- Calorie Counting: Why I don’t do that anymore.
Here’s to a happy and festive December!
<— Favourite Christmas movie? Favourite moment from it?
<— What were your favourite moments in November?