Wow. I am SO GLAD it’s Friday. It’s only my second week back to school, but it was insanely busy (my own fault, I did absolutely nothing school-related last weekend). I spent the entire week playing catch-up. But…almost the weekend!
Five Things I’ve Eaten Recently:
1. Tuesday night’s dinner: tuna melts on an english muffin with a side of green beans.
2. The Simply Bar in caramel peanut (seen on Instagram). Peanut Butter Chocolate is still my favourite, but this one’s up there.
3. Yesterday’s lunch: 1 egg + 1/2 cup egg whites, a sliced apple with chocolate PB2 and steamed veggies.
4. Last night’s dinner: Lamb, roasted potatoes and more green beans.
Ketchup added to the potatoes post-photo, of course!
5. Last night’s Greek yogurt with casein and peanut butter, topped with Reese’s Minis. Best idea ever.
Clearly, I had another handful straight from the bag.
Five of my Favourite Childhood Movies:
1. Beauty and the Beast. I’m pretty sure I watched this movie at least once a week for about 5 years. And Belle is still my favourite of the Disney Princesses.
2. Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. Yup, Disney kid right here.
3. The Nightmare Before Christmas. Even as a kid, I absolutely loved it.
And I still need to watch it on/near Halloween every year.
4. Tom and Huck. JTT, I miss you.
5. Fantasia. I had no idea what the hell was going on, but I still adored it.
The Pastoral Symphony was always my favourite!
Five Songs I’m Listening to Right Now:
1.Stone Sour – Taciturn. Corey Taylor will always be my favourite vocalist. Always. And this song actually gives me goosebumps.
2. Sum 41 – Motivation. It’s randomly been playing at the gym lately, and I love it.
3. The Offspring – You’re Gonna Go Far Kid. Ditto at the gym. I don’t even wear headphones anymore, because the music has been so fun.
4. Glee – Holding Out For A Hero. Noooo shame.
5. Memphis May Fire – Grenade. Yes. Just yes.
Five Herbs/Spices That Get the Most Use in My Household:
1. Cinnamon. Of course!
2. Stevia extract. It’s derived from an herb, so it counts, right?
3. Cumin. I seriously add it to everything. My favourite way to use it is on sweet potato fries before I roast them. So good.
4. Chile powder. I do like to add heat to pretty much everything.
5. Dried basil. My favourite thing to add to scrambled eggs.
Hope you have an awesome Friday!
<— What was one of your favourite childhood movies?
<— What’s your song of the moment?