Good morning! I hope you enjoyed your Valentine’s yesterday, whatever you did! Mine was pretty tame, but I did get a nice surprise delivered:
You guys over at Mott’s, you’re too nice
I have one class today, and then I am officially on READING WEEK! I’m pretty sure if you listen carefully, you can hear the collective sigh of students everywhere.
So while I’m enjoying the beginning of my week of freedom, here’s my Friday list for you:
5 Awesome Things I’ve Eaten Lately:
1. Simply Protein Chips (chili flavour) dipped in Skotidakis Jalapeno Greek yogurt dip.
2. Ice cream.
With sprinkles, of course. Gotta live up to that blog name
3. Banana pancakes and bacon dinner.
This was on Wednesday, so I guess we were a little behind on the pancake Tuesday thing. And I had some maple syrup on the side for dipping – including the bacon.
4. Smoked salmon with spinach cream cheese on a whole wheat English muffin with a side of roasted red pepper and tomato soup.
The soup was missing something (and side note – clearly exploded in the microwave a little bit) so I added dried basil and cracked black pepper. This also served as a reminder why I don’t buy smoked salmon often – $7 and I got two small portions out of it.
5. Sick-boyfriend Valentine’s dinner of chicken breast and mashed sweet potatoes.
Eric’s still on the mend from the flu, so instead of our planned lobster meal I made chicken and mashed sweet potatoes. Hopefully, he’ll be feeling recovered enough that I can break out the lobster tonight.
5 of My All-Time Favourite Books:
1. Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte
Now that is one hell of a love story.
2. Pet Semetary – Stephen King.
I’m a huge King fan and I’ve read the majority of his books. But this is the one that I keep going back to – freaks me out, but I love it.
3. Game of Thrones – George R. R. Martin.
So, if you’ve held a conversation with me that lasted more than 10 minutes, you probably already know that I adore this series, both the books and the TV show. I’ve read them all (there’s a fifth, but I borrowed it from someone) but the first one is still my favourite.
4. Angels and Demons – Dan Brown.
The movie, not so much.
5. Intuitive Eating – Evelyn Tribole & Elyse Resch.
This book was seriously vital in teaching me how to listen to my body signals and just eat what my body wanted me to eat. Whenever I feel like I’m losing that connection, I read it again. Apparently, they’ve released a new edition – thinking I’ll have to find a copy!
5 Better With Sprinkles Search Terms:
Because really, it just makes me laugh.
1. ninja saw teeth.
2.I am queen of cupcakes.
I will be challenging your title.
3. hummus good for hair.
Well, it has olive oil in it so…maybe? it might not smell the greatest afterwards, though.
4. toned girl lifting a barbell.
Why, thank you.
5. cheese crackers cure for headaches.
Let me know if that works for you?
5 Best Ice Cream Flavours (in my humble opinion)
1. Chocolate chip cookie dough. Really, who doesn’t have this as one of their favourites?
2. Reese’s. My love of peanut butter and chocolate extends to ice cream.
3. Moose tracks. Vanilla ice cream with chocolate peanut butter cups and fudge swirls. Cannot go wrong with that!
4. President’s Choice Candy Cane. I’ve been trying to ration it, but I only have about one serving left. Sadness.
That right there is essentially childhood on a cone.
Enjoy your Friday!
<— Favourite ice cream flavour?
<— Favourite book of all time?