(I almost put 13 up there. Oops).
Annd it’s the first Friday of a brand new year! And for me, the last official day of vacation. Boo – back to school on Monday! Ahhh well.
But, it’s also the first Five Things Friday of 2014 (I almost did it again…damn).
Thanks to Clare for hosting!
5 Things I’ve Eaten Lately:
1. Spinach, whole wheat rigatoni, and a pasta sauce made from bottled tomato sauce, onion, mushrooms, ground turkey and Italian seasoning. Topped with Parmesan, of course.
2. Smoked salmon and cream cheese on rice cakes with a spinach salad (dressing post-pic).
3. PB & J oats with a fried egg.
4. Roasted butternut squash and steamed broccoli with nutritional yeast. Cottage cheese with a bit of protein powder mixed in on the side.
5. Beef and veggies stirfry with brown rice vermicelli noodles.
5 Things Happening This Week:
1. Winter is basically ruining my life right now. Including the wind chill, we were at -24 (-11) with a severe wind chill warning, snowing, with poor driving conditions on the highway. Which meant that making the drive up to Burlington to see Chelsea, Gabby and Suzanne wasn’t going to happen. Boo.
Seriously, anyone in California, Florida or anywhere else warm want to put me up for a couple months? Cannot handle this cold.
2. It is officially New Years Resolution season at the gym. I went to a hot yoga class on Monday, which was the most crowded thing I’ve ever seen. I’m sure I accidentally smacked a few sweaty limbs in that hour…unpleasant.
3. Earlier this week, Amanda blogged about making a memory jar for 2014. I tried to do one in 2013, but in the first three weeks, remembered approximately 3 times so I gave up on it. Buuut I’m determined to make it work this year! Now I just need to go and find an actual jar/container….
4. Speaking of buying containers, I need to go find one for all of Atti’s toys. Boy is seriously spoiled…
5. Oh, New Years Eve! Did everyone have a good one? I can’t tell you much about mine…I spent New Years Day on the couch, if that’s any indication of how mine went. Ugh, that was an unpleasant day.
5 10 Things I Love About (Amanda) Spoons:
Yup, it’s this girls birthday tomorrow, so a few fellow bloggers and myself have teamed up to make sure Amanda knows how awesome she is
1. When it comes to what she posts online, she is seriously relatable. Whenever I read Amanda’s posts, I tend to find myself nodding so fast I give myself a headache. She knows what’s up.
2. She introduced me to Minions.
After Amanda told me how awesome Despicable Me was, I finally went out and watched it. She was seriously onto something – that movie is amazing. As is number number two!
3. She’s just as wonderful in person as she is online.
After getting a chance to meet her in person this last September at HLS, I can say that she is just as hilarious, sweet, and awesome to be around as you would expect. When you meet people on the internet, there’s always the fear that they’re just putting on a fake persona. But Amanda? Not in the slightest.
4. She doesn’t snore.
After sharing a hotel room with her for a weekend, I can confirm that.
5. Besides minions, she’s also introduced me to Lululemon, the combo that is coconut butter and honey, Greens+ Powder, and more. Lady just has good taste!
6. As a blogger, she is seriously inspirational. Her writing style, her photography, her brand-new linkup…I can honestly say that I’m a little in awe of that girls blogger skills.
7. Her taste in books/TV shows.
Anyone who likes Game of Thrones as much as I do (and can introduce me to an amazing new-to-me fantasy series) definitely gets points.
8. Her sense of humour.
Anyone that can laugh when I do things like this…
(letting her know that I was sad she left at HLS!)
you know she’s a keeper!
9. Her thoughtfulness. Whether she’s leaving a supportive or insightful comment or sending me a birthday card, her kindness always makes me smile.
10. Can we all just take note of how beautiful she is?
And on that note, have a good weekend!
<— Have you wished Amanda a happy early birthday yet?
<— What are your plans for the first weekend of the new year? Eric and I are going out for dinner Saturday night, then going to see one of his friends’ band play downtown.
<— How’s the weather out where you are? Seriously if it’s warm…got a spare bedroom?
<— Gym goers, has the gym gotten packed yet?