Hello there! Happy Friday!
And happy Five Things Friday Thank you to Clare for hosting!
Jumping right into things today:
5 Things I Ate Recently:
1. Perch dinner complete with rice, corn, baked potato, and a salad and roll on the side.
2. Mini Salsa Turkey Meatloaf (recipe here) with kabocha and salad.
3. Simply Whey Banana Butterscotch bar.
I spotted this at the health food store a few weeks ago and wanted to test it out. It’s pretty good, but I didn’t really get a lot of banana flavour. When it comes to Simply bars, Apple Cinnamon and Mint Chocolate still win out for me.
4. Almost empty container of spinach with quinoa, buffalo tofu, pulled pork, green beans, sweet potato and hummus.
5. Grilled cheese with ketchup and a side salad.
5 Things Happening this Week.
1. So we all know how much I adore eggs, but I think I may have actually given myself a slight intolerance to them. At the beginning of the week, I had my usual oatmeal and eggs breakfast, only to feel really, really nauseous all while I was eating. It happened again with a different carton of eggs, so I know it wasn’t a bad batch. I didn’t eat eggs for a few days, but then tried again yesterday morning. My stomach felt a little off but no nausea – so I’m hoping that switching to not eating them every day will solve the issue. Because not being able to eat eggs = sadface.
2. Sooo instead of eggs, I tried to make a smoothie for breakfast Wednesday morning. And my blender wouldn’t turn on…I guess I blew the motor last time I used it. Anyone have any recommendations for a cheap blender? (like $50 or less…I know everyone loves their Vitamix but that’s not in the cards right now).
3. And just to keep going on the breakfast thing, the Hershey’s Kiss I had after breakfast the other day was not an isolated incidence. Lately, I’ve been craving my daily chocolate fix after breakfast instead of after dinner. Is that weird?
4. I’ve been subscribing to Cosmo for years, and I’m the first to admit that it’s fluff reading material. But lately I’ve been impressed with the magazine and it’s willingness to present some un-traditional topics that I wouldn’t expect to see in mainstream fashion magazine. It still has all the fashion and ‘fluff’ stuff, but I’ve actually felt informed reading it lately, which I can appreciate.
Of course, with those headlines you would never actually guess there’s some articles of substance in there…
5. I kind of really want this chair.
5 Quotes I’m Liking Right Now:
via my Pinterest page:
Have a fabulous weekend everyone!
<— Anyone else eat dessert after breakfast?
<— Does anyone have any good but cheap blender recommendations?
<— Have you ever given yourself an intolerance to a certain food by eating it too much?
<— What are your plans this weekend? Eric and I will probably go out for dinner tomorrow night, and Sunday we have tickets to go see Stomp.