Which of course, means Five Things Friday. Thanks to Clare for hosting!
5 Things I’ve Eaten Lately:
1. Whole wheat chocolate chip pancakes with peanut butter and maple syrup for dipping.
2. Quinoa, arctic char, and roasted zucchini.
3. Shrimp and crab stirfry with thick vermicelli noodles.
4. Eggs, deli turkey, and cream cheese on buttered popcorn flavoured rice cakes.
5. Pork chop with applesauce, spinach with dressing, and roasted sweet potato rounds.
5 Things Happening This Week:
1. I’ve been pretty lucky with giveaways lately. Last week, I received my latest win – a shipment of NuNaturals that I won from Lucie.
Unfortunately, the Peppermint didn’t quite survive the journey I’ve been testing them out, and I’m actually really impressed with the orange flavour, especially when added to anything chocolate. P.S. I’m fully attributing all my giveaway luck to my four lead clover tattoo – I have actually noticed that I’ve better luck in general since I got it done 6 years ago!
2. Blend has been announced for 2014 – it’ll be in Park City, Utah June 6-8th. Coincidentally, that’s a week after my self-imposed thesis/graduation deadline. A graduation present to myself? I think so. I remember feeling incredibly jealous reading the recaps last year, so I’m definitely planning on being there this time around!
3. When I went to a TRX class last Sunday, the wire that you attach the TRX too was tangled at the top so I had to pull out a big ladder to get up there and untangle it. But I managed to pinch my hand putting the ladder away – which I didn’t noticed until I glanced down 10 minutes into class and noticed that my hand was bleeding and I was missing some skin between my thumb and index finger. But the worst part of it? I haven’t been able to use the thumbholes in my sweaters on my right hand all week
4. I get to meet up with this girl for lunch tomorrow! I haven’t seen Chelsea since September, which is practically criminal. We’re planning on going to The Beet Organic Cafe – locals, what do you think of it?
5. So this is what 1 kilogram of chocolate looks like when you break it down:
Although, I should say 1 kilogram minus a few squares Yes, dark chocolate is better for you, but some good ole’ Dairy Milk is amazing.
5 Things I’ve Pinned This Week:
1. You have no idea how true this is.
Every time both Eric and I leave, Atticus gives us the pouty-face look…although he gets a kong filled with peanut butter, so I don’t think he has any reason to complain
2. Chocolate Peanut Butter Lovers’ Granola via Sally’s Baking Addiction.
Chocolate peanut butter lover? Yup, that’s me…and you, Becky
3. Nutella Banana Pull-Apart Bread via Cupcake Project.
There are so many things about this that just sound amazing.
4. Household Items Useful for Food Photography from Pinch of Yum.
Note to self: do not throw out old cookie sheets.
I likely won’t get around to posting on Sunday, so have a fabulous weekend!
<— Favourite pancake mix-in? Chocolate chips or banana slices for me!
<— Who else is thinking about attending Blend?
<— What toppings do you normally put on salads at home?
<— Do you believe in good luck charms?