Happy Valentine’s Day!
So some people hate the Hallmark aspect of Valentine’s Day…but can we all agree that it’s cute, at least? Having a day dedicated to telling people that you love them isn’t a bad thing. And eating chocolate. Yup – a day for chocolate is pretty wonderful.
Also wonderful: Fridays in general. Thanks to Clare for hosting the weekly linkup!
5 Things I’ve Eaten Recently:
1. Pulled Chicken on a bun with green beans and nutritional yeast.
2. Banana Oats in a jar.
3. Leftover pulled chicken with guacamole on rice cakes and spinach salad.
4. Snack plate: cocoa roasted almonds, baby carrots and hummus, and apple chips.
5. Breakfast for dinner: Scrambled eggs, sweet potato tots, spinach salad.
5 Things Happening this Week:
1. So, the Olympics. I have to say, we’re kicking ass this time around! I haven’t been watching them nearly as much as I thought I would though, because the quality isn’t really the greatest online. But I randomly check the medal count throughout the day to make sure we’re still being awesome
2. Blend tickets go on sale Sunday night! You’re all buying your tickets, right?
Because…that would be fantastic I can’t wait!
3. You don’t realize how much you REALLY rely on your cell phone until you lose service for a few hours. Last Friday, I was taking the bus home from school when my cell phone service provider went down. So when I got to the bus stop, I wasn’t able to call Eric to come pick me up…and ended up having to take a cab home. First world problem for sure, but still frustrating when I’m trying to ease up on spending.
4. After Atti’s eye injury a few months ago, I’m now paranoid as all hell about his eyes. Wednesday night, He looked up at me and he had a line right across his eyeball. So of course, I’m freaking out thinking that he scratched his eye. I managed to hold him and use a kleenex to move whatever it was….only to have it reappear a few minutes later. Cue: panic. Fortunately, Eric was home by that point and held him for me so I could really inspect it – it was a hair stuck on his eye. Sooo now I feel better. But will probably have many similar freakouts in the years to come. The things that happen when you have big bulgy eyes…
5 Valentine’s-Themed Pins:
1. Pecan Linzer Cookies with Cherry Filling via Culinary Covers.
I don’t think I’ve ever had a Linzer cookie, but these just look adorable.
2. Valentine Chalkboard Candy Boxes via Random Thoughts of a Supermom:
Genius way to personalize a gift!
3. Nutella Ravioli via Recipe Girl.
It sounded weird at first, but the more I think about it, the more amazing it sounds.
4. Rock Candy Cupcakes via Juneberry Lane:
Was anyone else obsessed with rock candy as a kid?
5. Valentine’s Nails:
That actually looks easy enough that I could do it…and that’s saying something!
And that’s all I have for you today…have a fabulous weekend!
<— Rock candy: yay or nay?
<— What was the best thing you ate this week?
<— Have you been watching the Olympics?