Hello there! Happy Friday!
Of course, that’s Five Things Friday around here. Shall we get right into it?
Five Things I’ve Eaten Lately:
2. Tuna melts on toast.
3. Steak, baked sweet potato, and dressing on spinach.
4. Banana protein pancake with cashew butter.
5. Pulled pork with roasted broccoli and buttered toast.
5 Things Happening Lately:
1. I’m officially past the halfway mark on Rosetta Stone! For those of you who don’t know, I’m using the Rosetta Stone program to learn French – it makes sense, considering that French is the second language here. I’m still nowhere near fluent, but I feel like I’m slowly getting there. My goal is to finish the program feeling like I have conversational-level French, which I think it’ll do for me. Once I’m done, the test will be to put on a French film and see how well I’m able to follow along
2. I’m in a bit of a Disney/kid’s movie phase right now. Last weekend I watched Tangled, the weekend before that was Frozen…this weekend, I think it’ll be Princess and the Frog or Monsters University. Maybe knowing that graduation (and therefore, unavoidable adulthood) is looming is causing me to regress to childhood? Whatever…they have good movies.
3. Weird wives-tale-sounding-thing that actually works: So, the pug gets eye crusties (you know, the goopy stuff in the corner of your eyes?) pretty regularly, especially in the morning. A few weeks ago, Eric’s mom told us that a dog breeder friend of hers swears that giving a dog distilled water will get rid of that almost completely. This week, instead of filling up Atti’s water dish at the sink I’ve been pouring water from the Brita filter into his bowl. And – it worked. He very rarely has the eye crusties at all anymore. Craziness.
4. Speaking of the pug…when we went to the dog park on Sunday, I was a little worried that I was seeing double.
Can you figure out which one is mine? The other pug was named Dallas – when they were close together it was easier to tell them apart because Atticus is an apricot fawn while Dallas is a regular one. Fun fact: pugs actually come in four colours (as opposed to the two colours people usually associate them with): black, fawn, silver fawn, and apricot fawn.
(can you tell I did my research when we got a pug?)
P.S. Atti’s on the right
5. Google+. Does anybody use it? Should I be using it? Can someone tell me exactly what I should be doing with it?
5 Things I Pinned This Week:
1. Seriously this is good advice.
Couldn’t find the original source – sorry!
2. Semisweet Chocolate Avocado Mousse via Nutty for Life.
I haven’t tried the avocado-as-dessert thing yet, but this will be the first one I try. It sounds so good!
3. This shirt via LookHuman.com.
Because if that were the case, you’d be having a really nice day…
4. Double Chocolate Banana Bread from Ari’s Menu.
Can everything I eat be double chocolate?
5. Oh Splat! nail polish via KB Shimmer.
I love all the colours in this! Looks very speckled-egg like, so perfect for Easter.
But that is it for me – have a fabulous weekend!
<— What colour are your nails right now?
<— Best thing you ate this week?
<— Have you used avocado in a dessert/sweet snack before?
<— Last Disney/kid’s movie you watched?
* Due to some issues with location, I’ve had to announce a new winner for the North Coast Naturals Giveaway - Mariah J. Mariah, I have sent you an email! If I don’t hear back, I will announce a new winner Monday.