It’s supposed to be 7 (45) degrees today. All I can say is that that better happen, because we’ve had snow the last couple of days. Dammit winter just end!! Yes, I complain about the weather too much…but I’m not the only one, right?
But at least we have the weekend to look forward to, right? And Five Things Friday to talk about today
5 Things I’ve Eaten Lately:
1. Salmon cake with green beans + butter and sweet potato wedges + ketchup.
The salmon was one of those kitchen experiments that miraculously worked – I threw together canned salmon, a bit of olive oil mayo, panko bread crumbs, and some seasonings and baked them. They actually turned out pretty amazing, so I think I’m going to have to try to recreate them.
2. Ham and cheese quesadilla with salsa. Cottage cheese and jam on the side.
3. Steak and chicken burrito bowl from Bar Burrito.
4. Banana protein pancake with Barney Butter and Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut:
5. Skinnytaste’s Cheeseburger Casserole:
5 Things Happening This Week:
1. My parents’ baseball team sometimes do a casino-and-winery fundraiser, so bright and early tomorrow morning Eric and I will be on a bus to Niagara Falls! When we last did this trip 2 years ago (except it was to Windsor instead) I won about $260 on a penny slot. Think that I’ll be able to recreate that? (I could use it…). Although speaking of gambling, this just reminds me that I’ve never been to Vegas. I think this needs to happen in the next couple of years…
Seems like a fair question…
2. This article from Thought Catalog: 101 Things I Will Teach My Daughters. Just amazing.
3. Regarding the article above:
- 4. How to apply red lipstick.
- 5. How to wear the crap out of red lipstick.
Somebody needs to teach me these things! I seriously have no idea how to even go about finding the right shade red lipstick for me…anyone wanna help me out?
4. I actually found La Croix in Canada!
Amanda told me that she found some in Target – I checked the one near me, but they weren’t carrying it. I ended up at the one across town over the weekend, and they had some! Only a few flavours (lemon, lime and grapefruit) but it’s a start.
5. Awesome news this week – Eric’s sister-in-law is pregnant, and we just found out it’s a boy! So, we’re going to have our first nephew in August!!
5 Things I’ve Pinned This Week:
1. Bunny Chow via Your Cup of Cake.
Easter = Mini Eggs = Happiness. Definitely need to make this!
Can we all agree?
3. Drunken Cherry Chocolate Cake via Natasha’s Kitchen.
This is basically a Black Forest Cake, upgraded. Cannot go wrong with that!
5. Homemade Reese’s Eggs via The Recipe Critic.
Another Easter must. The Eggs are always better than regular peanut butter cups – a better chocolate/peanut butter ratio.
Desserts and inspirational quotes. Basically my life right now.
Have a great weekend!
<— Last time you went to a casino? Ever been to Vegas?
<— Are you a red lipstick fan?
<— Mini Eggs, Creme Eggs, or neither?
<— Best thing you ate this week?