As per usual, you guys are awesome. Thanks for all the kind words yesterday!! <3
Let’s just jump right into today’s Five Things Friday, shall we?
5 Things I’ve Eaten Lately:
1. BLAT (bacon, lettuce, avocado, tomato) with a side of Alexia sweet potato puffs.
2. Coconut flour waffle (I used this recipe) with Greek yogurt and raspberry jam.
3. Cheese plate for two.
We’ve got goat brie, havarti, baby carrots, ranch, strawberries, sliced ciabatta, and pancetta. Eric and I used to have these sorts of platters all the time when we first started dating, so this was an awesome throwback.
4. Avocado and fried eggs on toast with baby carrots and strawberries.
5. Banana chunks and peanut butter.
5 Things Happening This Week:
1. I’m going over the (US) border to go shopping with my mom tomorrow, and of course, I always insist on grocery shopping. I actually realized the other day that there’s a Trader Joe’s near the mall that we’re going to, so we’ll be stopping there. I haven’t been to one since I was in Chicago in November 2012, so obviously, I’m excited! What should I buy?!?
Do they have these? Because I would buy’em. (img source)
2. We actually do this in my Physique class.
Ok, well we do it a little differently, but there you go. Horizontal running actually has an exercise benefit.
3. I’m sure a lot of people have read the articles floating around lately saying that non-celiac gluten sensitivity is, for lack of a better word, BS. Thoughts? I’m not sure where I stand on the subject, personally – I’ve never cut out gluten, so I don’t know if gluten would make me feel worse or makes me feel that my health was being compromised in some way. However, I definitely think that a lot of people cut it out for no reason other than because it’s the ‘in’ thing to do (obviously, I don’t feel that way about everyone that cuts it out of their diet though). It’ll be interesting to see where these studies and ‘grain brain’ claims go from here.
4. I have a newly painted balcony! The balconies in my building were horribly chipped and slightly hideous before, so I’ll take it.
5. Apparently, Eric and I saw Trivium at a good time, because a few days later the vocalist blew out his voice and they had to cancel tour dates. So we got lucky there.
P.S. I never know whether or not to post music in my posts, because with the exception of some Top 40 stuff my music taste is pretty out of the box. I feel like I have like, 4 readers who’s music taste runs similarly to mine…am I wrong?
5 Things I Pinned This Week:
1. Not quite, because I know how terrible my singing voice is. Especially if I attempt to sing anything from Frozen. (source)
2. Marshmallow Filled S’mores Cupcakes via Sally’s Baking Addiction.
This just makes me super excited for campfires and s’mores. Some of the best things about summer right there.
3. Salted Cocoa Nutella Cupcakes via Thistlewood Farms.
I think I just need a cupcake…
4. Grilled Saison Shrimp Tacos with Pomegranate Tacos via Cooking and Beer.
Any sort of seafood in a taco screams beach weather to me.
5. For my fellow Beauty and the Beast obsessees:
Pretty sure that I would never get a hand tattoo (my brother already did, and he pulls it off well. Not for me though) but I love the idea behind this. And yes, clearly I’m still obsessed with the ‘Tattoo’ Pinterest category.
That’s all for me today – have a good one!
<— What are your thoughts on the gluten sensitivity thing?
<— What Trader Joe products should I keep an eye out for?
<— Weirdest exercise move you know?
<— Best thing you ate this week?