Hi there! Happy Friday!
What does everyone have planned for the weekend? It’s Momma Sprinkles birthday on Sunday, and I’ve got a surprise planned. I can’t wait!
But of course, it’s the usual Five Things Friday today, so getting right into it:
5 Things I’ve Eaten Lately:
My day of fast food and chain restaurants in Michigan:
We didn’t bother to pack any food on our shopping trip, so I ended up with McDonalds for breakfast (Egg McMuffin, hash brown, and tea) Panda Express for lunch (chicken, kale and mushroom dish, angus steak and veggies, veggie side) and Olive Garden (grilled trout and pasta). Although I’m pretty sure that my blood was half sodium at the end of the day, I regret nothing.
Oh, and Olive Garden is a tradition for my mom and I on our shopping trip, so there was no way we were skipping that. Although it served as a reminder to avoid ordering fish in chain restaurants – that was not the best.
2. Pizza bagels with baby carrots.
3. Chobani Flip in Nutty for Nana.
4. Grilled cheese with guacamole hummus and turkey.
5. Avocado toast with hot sauce and eggs.
5 Things Happening This Week:
1. Blend is in ONE week. Ohmygod that snuck up on me and I am freakin’ excited. I can’t wait to see some familiar faces again, and squish some people in hugs for the first time (+ a lot more that I don’t have the patience to hyperlink).
2. I’m pretty sure I’ve made my bed approximately 10 times in my adult life (not counting after I change the sheets) and half of those have been in the past week. I think I’m actually growing up.
3. I think Southwestern Ontario skipped spring. I swear, one day it was 10 degrees, then I blinked and suddenly it was feeling like 30 (86), all the flowers were blooming, and the leaves were on the trees. I’m ok with this…and so is the pug (as long as we keep walks to cool mornings and evenings rather than in the blazing heat).
4. So the yoga teacher at my gym that I like is offering an 8 week, 16 class, small (I think like 8 person) inversion yoga class series, and I really want to do it. I’ve really been enjoying yoga lately and I love the classes I take twice a week, so I’m curious to see how much I could improve my practice with more individualized instruction.
Of course, the issue – the cost. It’s hard to justify the extra classes (which costs about as much as a 15 class pass at a regular yoga studio) when I can take regular classes with my gym (without paying extra). So if I do it, that’ll mean taking it easy on expenses for the next couple of months…but I REALLLLY want to do it. Bah – I’m going to ask for more information on it when I go to the gym today, and I’ll have to decide soon. Help me!
5. Although I love Twitter, sometimes it feels pretty commercialized – like its main use is for businesses and companies to try and drive traffic. But then something like #YesAllWomen happens, which demonstrates how necessary forums like this for public discussion and education are. Reading through that hashtag thread is incredibly eye opening, and brings forward so many important questions and points that NEED to be discussed in our society.
Obviously, not what I usually blog about but I needed to express that, and offer my sympathy to those affected in Isla Vista.
5 Things I’ve Pinned This Week:
1. It makes me so, so happy that this exists.
A GAME OF THRONES WEDDING CAKE. That is amazing. Kinda funny that someone wanted their wedding cake to be GoT, but mainly amazing.
2. Why didn’t I go to this middle school?
Pretty sure that schools would be happier places if they all had therapy dogs.
3. This is weirdly true.
I blame Goosebumps for making me think that I was going to run into quicksand anytime I wandered away from a main road or path.
5. Whole Wheat Pasta with Spring Peas, Mint and Goat Cheese via The Lemon Bowl.
I’ve been looking for more vegetarian recipes and this looks pretty delicious. I mean…goat cheese.
Have a fabulous weekend!
<— Do you make your bed everyday?
<— Do you belong to a yoga studio? Do you think this small yoga class would be worth it?
<— If you are/were married, what did your wedding cake look like? If not, what would you want it to look like?
<— What are your plans this weekend?