Wooooot Friday! Anyone have any exciting plans for the weekend? I’m driving up to hang out with Chelsea tomorrow, so of course, I’ve been looking forward to the end of the week. Just one more day at the office…
But, lists of things!
5 Things I’ve Eaten this Week:
1. I can always tell when we’re getting into summer weather, because green smoothies start making an appearance for breakfast at least a few times a week.
This version had unsweetened vanilla almond milk, cottage cheese, a frozen banana, 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder and spinach. The cottage cheese was an interesting addition – it made it almost cheesecake-like in flavour. I absolutely need toppings for my green smoothies, so this was topped with raspberries and Fibre 1.
2. Bison burger on a pretzel bun with honey mustard, ketchup and pickles. Salad on the side.
I actually really freakin’ adored this burger. I remember trying bison meatballs before, so I figured I’d be happy with it in burger form – which clearly, I was. I’d rather find some ground bison and make my burgers from scratch, but the PC version will do for now. And I kind of never want to eat a regular hamburger bun again – pretzel buns are the way to go.
3. Tuna melts on english muffins with shredded goat cheddar. Baby carrots on the side.
My secret seasoning ingredient when it comes to tuna/chicken salad: paprika. Seriously, add a sprinkle – it’s so good. I also use about 3/4 hummus, 1/4 olive oil mayo ratio for the dressing-part of the salad, which is pretty delicious.
I took advantage of a cold, rainy morning to make some oats for breakfast. Because really, I just can’t go that long without them.
5. Annie’s Mac and Cheese with spinach, bell peppers, and honey garlic turkey sausage.
Clearly, ketchup is 100% necessary.
5 Happenings this week:
1. I’ve decided that Dr. Scholl’s Fast Flats are the greatest invention ever.
I’ve used them in the past for bar nights where my feet end up dying in 4 inch heels, but lately I’ve just been wearing them to work on days where I don’t feel like breaking out the fancy footwear. They look like regular cute black ballet flats, but it seriously feels like I’m walking about the office in slippers all day. It’s pretty wonderful.
2. This hill will be the death of me.
Every morning that I bike to work, I have to attempt to get up this ginormous hill (it’s steeper than it looks in this picture!). And Queen Cersei is a cruiser/leisure style bike, so there’s no gears or anything…right now, I can get about 1/3 of the way up before hopping off to walk. The goal: get to the top by the end of the summer.
3. As a Canadian girl, I kind of grew up on ketchup chips. Thankfully, Amanda kindly informed me where I could find the ketchup-flavoured Popchips I’ve been keeping my eye out for for the past couple of months.
Tastes like childhood.
And I’m not going to lie, after what spending years drooling over fun foodie things that American bloggers post that I can’t find around here…I’m rubbing it in
4. For the first time ever this month, I’ve joined Foodie Pen Pals.
The matches have been sent out, and I have plans to go out shopping this weekend to put my package together. I’m excited to see what I get at the end of the month!
5. I had plans to go to the gym yesterday morning before work, but my ‘alarm’ (which is the pug) never woke me up and apparently I slept through Eric getting up and getting ready for work…so I slept in. Clearly my body is in need of more sleep, so no big deal to me…especially after I read this Buzzfeed article
5 Interesting Pins this week:
(click on the picture to get to my Pinterest link)
1. BBQ Pulled Pork Enchiladas.
My love of pulled pork combined with my love of Mexican. Absolutely must make this.
2. This outfit. I don’t even really like yellow, but I think this is adorable.
3. Guacamole Topped Bacon Bites.
Considering my current bacon obsession…and my always-present guacamole addiction…I think it’s safe to say that this might be the best food combination I’ve ever seen.
5. Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower.
The best way to make me eat my veggies: cover them in buffalo sauce.
Have a good one!
<— Yay or nay: pickles on your burger? Dill or sweet pickles? I’m happy with either, really…although as a kid, I was obsessed with sweet pickles.
<— In an office/business setting, would you rather wear heels or flats? I love my heels, but my feet need a break every so often.
<— Best thing you can order in a BBQ restaurant? Pulled pork and cornbread. As long as I get those, I am happy.