Yaaay Friday! The first full week after a short one always feels long, doesn’t it? But that just makes Friday that much more of a relief.
But as is the drill around here, Friday = Friday lists.
Five Things I’ve Eaten Lately:
1. Lamb loin chops with sauteed veggies.
Eric’s not a big fan of lamb, but I love it so I’ll pick it up once in a while. The veggies included in the saute were the kohlrabi I bought last week, half an onion, half a bell pepper, and zucchini. The kohlrabi was pretty good – taste and texture wise, it reminded me of parsnips. Eric wasn’t a fan of that either, so I was eating leftover veggies all week – I’m ok with that.
2. Taco Tuesday.
That times three…lamb tacos (I was sneaky and didn’t tell him, he didn’t seem to notice under the seasonings) with lettuce, salsa, guac and sour cream. So.much.guac….but that’s exactly how it should be.
3. More randoms-from-the-fridge lunches.
Leftover roasted veggies, 2 chicken hot dogs with BBQ sauce, bell peppers, baby carrots and hummus. Yup, that’s random.
4. Sarah’s Mini Salsa and White Bean Loaves.
Veggie dinner number 2 was a complete success! Got full approval from both Eric and myself. The best part was randomly finding little cheesy pockets. So good!
5. Still working my way through my stash of Coconut Bliss.
This is one element of cleaning-out-all-the-food that I’m definitely enjoying It’s still summer, so I still need ice cream or froyo on the regular! I think chocolate peanut butter is still my favourite, but this one was a close second.
5 Things Happening This Week:
1. I am currently obsessed with this seasoning.
Literally everything I cook has been getting a liberal sprinkling of the stuff – fish, chicken, roasted veggies…mainly spicy, a little bit sweet…basically perfect.
2. I’m going camping this weekend! Eric and I are going to join 4 other people tomorrow for a night up at a campground on Lake Erie. I’ve gone camping a lot in my life, but all family trips – I’ve never done the friends-camping thing. Should be a good time!
3. I have more Creepy Butt Guy stories. On Monday, friend of Creepy-Butt-Guy (well, I assumed, I’ve seen them talking before) approached and told me that Creepy Butt Guy was after my number (no shit, Sherlock) and told me that I should just tell him that I had a boyfriend. I told friend of Creepy Butt Guy that I did, indeed, have a boyfriend, and his face fell. He still came up and talked to me no less than 4 times while I was there, usually when I was on the treadmill with headphones on (grrr). I swear, my gym life is a soap opera.
4. Does anyone else find it really awkward when a guy comes to the gym wearing a shirt like this?
I’m really just not interested in seeing male nipple at the gym. #Justsaying
5. And apparently, I am all about the gym in this post:
Yay new PR! I tend to progress really slowly on my chest, so I’m always thrilled when I’m able to put the weight up.
5 Things Making Me Happy This Week:
1. Oatmeal bowls with nut butter, jam or honey, and a fried egg. In an attempt to eat all my nut butters I’ve been eating this breakfast every day this week…and ohmygoodness I love it. Sweet and savoury at it’s finest.
2. Atticus. But he makes me happy every week The campsite we’re going to has a dog beach, so I’m so excited to take him out there (yup, he’s coming with us). Although sleeping with a dog in a tent is going to be interesting…
3. Speaking of camping, this is the weather forecast for the weekend:
That is perfect. (American translation: high 70’s, low 80’s)
4. Coconut butter. I thought it was only ok, but once I started adding it to hot oats and mug cakes and letting it get all melty…I realized how freakin’ good it is! It’s on my list of nut butters I’m trying to eat through, but I’m not looking forward to paying for another jar…why must delicious things be expensive?
5. Moving HOME in two weeks. The new apartment is nicer, the area is better, lots of green space for Atti, a balcony…and then there’s the fact that my family, Eric’s mom, and most of our friends will be a lot closer. And I’m actually really looking forward to getting back into school mode, I miss it (#nerdalert).
But I’m out for the weekend, have a good one!
<— Hard or soft shell taco? Hard all the way (TWSS?)
<— Are you on the coconut butter bandwagon? What’s your favourite way to eat it?
<— What’s your favourite seasoning or spice to use when you roast veggies?