Hello and happy Friday! Hope your weekend gets off to an excellent start. Side note: it’s 20 days until my birthday. But who’s counting?
Anyways, Friday lists!
5 Things I’ve Eaten Lately:
1. Fried eggs, roasted kabocha and Justin’s Maple Almond butter.
Guys, squash is even starting to sneak into my breakfasts now. I just can’t stop!
2. Steak with roasted baby potatoes and salad.
Those fingerling potatoes in my dinner last Friday gave me a huge cravings for baby roasted potatoes. Crispy skin + soft inside = perfection.
4. Following said tuna melts was a pretty fabulous dessert:
The best friend brought over some pretty spectacular Apple Crisp for dessert Wednesday night, which we accompanied with vanilla ice cream. Is there a more perfect combo out there than warm apple crisp and vanilla ice cream? I think not.
5. Spinach salad with tempeh and baby hubbard squash:
I followed Chelsea’s tempeh recipe and really liked it – and of course, squash. Baby Hubbard is a lot like buttercup, so of course I’m a fan.
5 Things Happening this Week:
1. I learned a valuable lesson last Sunday. Boxing classes require boxing gloves.
Yea…it looks like I’ve been beating people up all day. I loved the class and am going to take it again, but I’ll be buying some gloves first.
2. We live right behind an elementary school with a massive yard, so we have a new favourite place to take Atti on the weekend.
He’s a big fan. Although when we race around, he tends to cut me off so I think he’s cheating.
And there’s a nice big hill that he likes to run up and down:
And then he goes home exhausted and passes out for a while, which we welcome
3. Lesson learned when it comes to train travel: book your ticket early. I didn’t have to be anywhere until 3:00 pm when I was at school last Tuesday, but because I waited until Monday to buy my ticket I ended up having to take the 7:30 am train in. That’s just annoying.
4. In addition to bringing me apple crisp, Laura also brought me this on Wednesday:
This stuff is insanely good…like take-a-spoon-to-the-jar good. I had some on my oats with peanut butter and a banana yesterday morning and pretty much died of happiness. So good.
5. I found my Halloween costume!! I haven’t bought it yet, but I found the exact one I’m looking for online for a decent price. I don’t even know what I’m doing for Halloween yet, but I’m just happy that I found the costume I wanted.
5 Things I’m Getting Used To:
1. Having a pug that follows me everywhere. I was told that pugs are ‘lap dogs’ but now I’m fully understanding that meaning. He’ll be sound asleep, but if I get up and go to the bathroom, he will follow me in there and plunk himself down on the bath mat, then follow me back to the computer. Then there’s the literal meaning:
When I’m commenting on your blog, there’s a good chance that this is exactly how it’s going down
2. The grad student lifestyle. I’m going to have a lot of trouble working a regular 9-5 after this…I love just making my own schedule.
3. Working from home. Kinda sad considering how much money I spent last summer on work-appropriate attire, but I’m basically in PJs, yoga pants or workout clothes all day:
Penguin pants. Hells yes.
4. Having squash in the fridge at all times.
Basically what my fridge looks like. Except not quite. (source)
I’m waiting for when I get sick of it but…nothing yet. So, so good.
5. This face:
He makes me happy And yes, this was a pretty pug-centric post today. But with that picture, can you blame me?
Have a great weekend!
<— Dog owners, do you have a favourite place you like to take your dogs?
<— Are you dressing up for Halloween this year? Know what you want to be?
<— Best accompaniment to apple crisp? Whipped cream is my second choice.
<— Any fun plans this weekend?