Good morning! First of all, I want to say a massive thank you to everyone for your birthday wishes yesterday! Every single one contributed to making my day better, so again, thank you.
But, even on the day after my birthday, I still need my Friday lists!
5 Things I’ve Eaten Lately:
1. Pork chop, sweet potato, and salad (apple sauce, cinnamon and butter, and salad dressing added post-pic)
AKA: my Thanksgiving recovery dinner. Healthy, balanced and tasty – exactly what I needed.
2. A half-empty spinach container with roasted squash, cottage cheese, and salsa.
I am getting so lazy with my salads these days.
3. Jessica‘s Buffalo Chicken Soup.
So, I freakin’ adore this recipe. I used shredded chicken thighs instead of breasts and topped it with sour cream and tortilla chips – delicious.
4. NuGo Go Free Dark Chocolate Trail Mix bar.
This was my afternoon snack at school on Tuesday, and it was a fabulous choice. I prefer a lot of texture in my bars, so the nuts and seeds in this one didn’t disappoint.
5. Vermicelli rice platter with shrimp, sugarcane shrimp and pork balls.
Eric’s mom took us to Ben Thanh (a local Asian food restaurant) for dinner Wednesday night and I selected this, which was basically a build-your-own-spring roll (rice paper not pictured). So, building those things is a challenge – I had rice paper ripping all over the place and they kept falling apart on me. Still tasted good though.
5 Things Happening This Week.
1. If you’re interested in an online fitness program, Booty Camp Fitness (the largest bootcamp for women program in Canada) is offering a new HIT the Weights online program, in an effort to reach women worldwide. The program teaches women how to use weights and home and allows for progressive improvements as you get stronger. Check out the full program here – it includes weight workouts, cardio workouts, monthly nutrition seminars, and more! They’re currently holding a pre-launch sale, so if you sign up before October 31st, you’ll receive the first month at a discounted price – under $3.50 a workout.
I previewed the program and I have to say, I’m impressed with what Booty Camp Fitness is offering. And as a bonus for Sprinkles readers, use the coupon code ‘sprinkles’ at checkout to receive $10 off the first month’s registration.
2. After hearing about it’s benefits for the last couple of months, I finally started dry-brushing.
My skin gets hideously dry when the weather gets cold, so I figured it was as good of a time as any to start. It apparently helps with circulation as well, which is good news for my chronically cold hands and feet. I’ve only been using it for about a week, but I’m already starting to notice smoother skin.
3. I made the switch from plastic to glass tupperware about a year ago, and I much prefer it. Although the downside? I’ve probably broken about half of it. So klutzy.
4. Thank you to Cely for bringing this my attention. I kind of died a little.
5. I’ve been having some trouble with brittle hair and nails lately, so I picked up a supplement to try and strengthen them up a bit.
Anyone have any luck with a supplement like this?
5 Things I Pinned This Week
1. Pumpkin Pie Pockets from Cookies and Cups.
I’m not the biggest fan of pumpkin pie (I can take it or leave it) but I wouldn’t be able to resist these adorable things.
2. Vulgar. But true.
Keep this in mind. (source)
3. Bloody Nails.
Must. Recreate. (source)
4. Tator Tot Burger with Sriracha Sour Cream from Domestic Fits.
Tater tots. In burger form. Doesn’t that just sound amazing?
5. Slow Cooker Triple Chocolate Brownies from All Four Burners.
I make pretty much everything else in crockpot, so why not dessert?
Have a great weekend!
<— Have you ever made homemade sushi or spring rolls? Was it difficult?
<— Have you or would you ever do an at-home online workout program?
<— Do you dry brush?
<— Plastic or glass tupperware?