Hello there! Atticus hopes that you had a fabulous Halloween! Cutest dragon I know. And this is acting as a hint for my costume, because I’m saving mine until the costume party I’m heading to Saturday.
This week has been insane for me. So.much.marking. So little time. So, jumping into the Friday lists:
5 Things I’ve Eaten Lately:
3. Sweet Potato Nachos with chicken, salsa, sour cream and guac.
So, I think I may prefer sweet potatoes to actual tortilla chips. Amazing with Mexican flavours.
4. A tupperwared banana protein pancake with banana slices and peanut butter.
Sometimes, you have to eat breakfast in the car.
5. Salad with chicken, feta, almonds and strawberries with a poppyseed dressing.
Aka: the salad I picked up for lunch at school yesterday. Which also served as a reminder as to why I usually pack lunch: why must coffee shop salads be so expensive?
5 Things Happening This Week:
1. So, the Lululemon gift cards are gone already.
so fancy in my kitchen, clearly.
I ended up buying a pair of Wunder Under pants and a Bliss Break hoodie…and then cried a little when I got the register. But ohmygoodness so comfortable! I put on the pants immediately, and when I was getting changed for bed I realized that it’s actually more comfortable to wear the pants than go pants-less…how do they do it?!
2. My best friend gave me what I’m pretty sure is the most unique present I’ve ever gotten in my life:
She got a star named after me. Isn’t that awesome?
3. I’m super-excited to read this book:
I’ll plan on starting this one after Allegiant. I’m a massive Stephen King fan and I loved The Shining, so I’m excited to see what I think of this one.
4. I forayed into vegan baking earlier this week. I was contributing to a bake sale, and I wanted something that was vegan, gluten free and naturally sweetened…and actually ended up with something awesome.
I used this recipe for Healthy Fun Size Snickers Bars – followed exactly except I doubled the ‘caramel’ layer. They were fancy and tasted reaaaally good, although by the end of the day they were kinda melted from being out all day.
5. Some Halloween throwbacks:
2009 – the year of the slutty football player. My brother was a Samarai – clearly badass-ery runs in the family.
2010 – the prisoner, apparently getting bunny ears from a friend of mine.
2011 – the schoolgirl and Eric as Jack the Ripper. Interesting combo?
And I’m cutting it out here, because I am exhausted. Enjoy the first day of November!
<— What’s your favourite Halloween costume that you’ve ever done?
<— What was your last experimental baking success?
<— Is Lululemon overrated, or worth the steep price tag?
<— Most original/unique present ever given to you?