So of course, I have to acknowledge everyone’s comments on yesterday’s post. I’ve posted a couple difficult ones in my day, but never have I had so much trouble pressing the ‘publish’ button. But once again, you guys all show me how incredibly supportive this community is, and I thank everyone for their opinions and kind words. Yes, I have been through a lot, but I came out much stronger, happier and healthier on the other side.
But….Friday!! Clearly, Friday lists are a necessity. Clare actually just started a Five Things Friday link-up, so I’ll be joining in this week!
So many things on Fridays
5 Things I’ve Eaten Lately:
1. Green smoothie: frozen banana, cookies n cream protein powder, chocolate PB2, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and a few handfuls of spinach topped with cereal.
Yes, we’re into cold weather. But still…smoothies.
2. Spinach with a baked sweet potato, chicken sliders and BBQ sauce.
I don’t usually eat salads for dinner, but this definitely made me happy. Sweet potatoes and BBQ sauce = awesome combo.
3. Leftover Wild Harvest mac and cheese, pulled pork, and roasted broccoli.
4. Banana protein pancake with peanut butter.
5. Spinach salad with roasted red kabocha, black beans, cranberry and black pepper boursin cheese with roasted garlic yogurt dressing. Two chicken sliders with BBQ sauce.
5 Things Happening This Week:
1. I’m writing this Thursday night, but unless there’s a miraculous overnight recovery for the pug it looks like we’re back at the vet tomorrow
2. Speaking of the pug, I learned this week that he really loves scrambled eggs. I like to give him his pain med right when we get up, but he needs to take it with food – and he doesn’t usually eat his own right away. So I’ve been scrambling up an egg a few mornings this week and he has been adoring it.
3. I’m going to be an elf this year!
Yup, I signed up for Lindsay and Elle’s Elf for Health Holiday Challenge! It seems like a good way to shake up my routine and keep my focused on healthy habits before the holidays. Should be fun!
4. I’m heading back to my alma mater tomorrow. I did my undergrad at Brescia (a part of the University of Western Ontario) and every year they have a ‘More Than a Book Sale’, where in addition to selling books they have local artisans selling their wares. One of my aunt’s is actually a jewellery maker and will have a stand set up, so we’ll be going to support her. Apparently they have a brand new building up, which I’m excited to see.
5. have you ever heard that tip about takeout boxes are meant to be folded down as plates?
Eric and I grabbed dinner from Wok Box on Saturday night and we decided to test out that theory. It worked, even if my stirfry (Hong Kong spice with chicken and udon noodles) stayed in box form for a minute or two…
5 Posts I’ve Loved In The Last Week:
1. Love & Learning To Love: Baring It All from Snack Therapy. This post is incredibly inspiring – we all need to love and celebrate what we have.
2. As We Speak, I’m… from Running With Spoons. I find that people either love taking selfies, or shy away from them – I’m definitely in the latter category. But Amanda is inspiring me to maybe branch out into the selfie world a little bit more often.
3. Intuitive Exercise from The Healthy Maven. I’m so proud of Davida for reaching the relationship with exercise then she has. We just need to listen to our bodies, and they’ll tell us what we need to do.
4. Change What Isn’t Broken from The Run Within. Important things to keep in mind when we find ourselves playing the comparison game.
5. Why Do You Workout? from The Little Honey Bee. Exercise becomes a lot more rewarding when we stop focusing on the superficial aspects.
Have a lovely weekend!
<— Any links or posts this week that you particularly loved?
<— Who else signed up for Elf For Health? You have until tonight!
<— When was the last time you were at the college or high school you graduated from?
<— Best eat this week?