Hello there! American friends, how was your Thanksgiving? Hopefully full of great friends and great company!
And the rest of us can just be happy that it’s Friday, right?
Of course, the Friday lists.
5 Things I’ve Eaten Lately:
1. Ricotta and broccoli stuffed chicken with roasted potatoes and broccoli.
2. A quarter of a roasted kabocha with cinnamon with a leftover bean loaf.
3. Tandoori chicken and rice plus a spinach salad (dressing added post-picture)
4. Steak, a baked potato with a bit of butter and sour cream, and a spinach salad.
4. Cookies & Cream ice cream.
5 Things Happening This Week:
1. We’ve been doing some house/pet sitting on and off for Eric’s mom lately, and I have to say…three animals in one household is a lot. It makes me feel a tad sorry for my parents when my brother and I were kids, because we would easily have 5 household pets at a time. What can I say…we were animal people.
2. Speaking of animals, the pug is home and resting from his surgery…hopefully his last one for the rest of his little life! We’ll have to go back in 2 weeks to remove the button holding his eyelid up (Google ‘third eyelid flap surgery if you really want the details on it) but other than that, hopefully we won’t have to go the vets office for a loooong time.
3. I bought a really random Groupon the other day…for acupuncture. I’ve always been curious about it, and one day last week I noticed that the groupon of the day was for an acupuncturist that specializes in a certain issue I’ve been having (to be discussed at a later date). I haven’t made the appointment yet, but I’m really curious to see what it’s like!
4. I’ve been craving froyo ever since last weekend, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet. I’m thinking that a weekend trip to Chil is in order.
From the last time I was there…looking forward to recreating that bowl.
5. While we don’t have ‘real’ Black Friday shopping around here, some Canadian businesses are trying to jump on the Black Friday bandwagon. So, I’m going to head to the mall today and hopefully put a big dent my Christmas shopping. Fingers crossed it won’t be complete insanity!
There might be some truth to this…(img source)
5 Christmas/Winter Themed Pins Catching My Eye This Week:
1. Gingerbread Roll Cake from Roxana’s Home Baking.
Seriously considering making this for Christmas day dessert. Gingerbread is just so Christmas appropriate!
2. Peppermint Oreo Cookie Balls from Four Seasons Recipes.
Wouldn’t these make an adorable homemade Christmas gift!
3. Creme de Menthe Bars from Averie Cooks.
We can all agree that chocolate and mint is a fabulous combination, right?
4. Chocolate Chip Candy Cane Fudge from Inside BruCrew Life.
I’ve never made homemade fudge before, but I might have to change that with this recipe…candy cane and chocolate chips? Sign me up.
5. Brownie Snowballs from Back for Seconds.
These just look adorable…and delicious.
Have a lovely weekend!
This post is part of Clare‘s Five Things Friday linkup.
<— What did you eat for Thanksgiving/Hanukkah/regular Thursday yesterday?
<— Have you started Christmas baking yet?
<— Any big plans for the weekend?
<— Anyone have any experience with acupuncture? What did you think?