Annd it’s the last Friday before Christmas. With only five days left to go, I hope everyone’s feeling prepared!
But, it is Friday, which clearly means Five Things Friday.
Thanks for hosting, Clare!
5 Things I’ve Eaten Lately:
1. Chicken wrap with onion rings.
We had a snowstorm last Saturday, so rather than attempting to drive anywhere for dinner Eric and I just walked down to Fatty Patty’s (worst name ever), a bar and grill at the end of the street. A chicken wrap and onion rings for me – the wrap wasn’t particularly impressive, but the onion rings made me happy.
2. Beef stew.
3. Tomato soup, toast, and turkey pepperoni sticks.
4. Sushi takeout.
I knew I’d be getting into London after school around 7 pm yesterday, so I told Eric I’d swing by the Asian grocery store and grab some sushi to bring home. Best idea ever – their sushi is super cheap and fresh, and even cheaper at the end of the day when they’re trying to get rid of it. My sushi + seaweed salad came to about $8! Definitely satisfied the sushi craving….I feel like this may become a more common occurrence.
5. Spinach salad with dressing and an egg, rice cake with cream cheese, jam and another egg, roasted squash with Justin’s Maple Almond Butter.
5 Things Happening This Week:
1. The cookie baking I said I was going to do on Monday? The results:
For my contributions, I made Averie’s Creme de Menthe Bars (bottom left), Sally’s Candy Cane Kiss Cookies (middle-right), Jo’s Nutella Fudge with Pistachios and Sea Salt (bottom right), and Kristy’s Christmas Snickerdoodles (top right). Annnnd I recommend all of them. So many delicious cookies…
2. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for good weather this weekend, because I’m heading up to Burlington tomorrow for a blogger meetup! The weather forecast keeps going back and forth between rain and freezing rain, and I’d definitely take the former over the latter.
3. I’ve mentioned before that I’m terrified of box jumps. Well…I’m over that fear. We had to do them in my circuit class last week, and I was comfortably doing the knee-high jumps. It’s a good start!
4. The hot chocolate and creme de menthe combo I was doing last week? Still going strong. Seriously, try it.
And the marshmallows are a good way to go to.
5. Last week, I mentioned that I won one of the Swanson’s Vitamins Giveaways. Well, my order got here last night!
I ended up ordering:
- Barbara’s Bakery Chocolate Chip Snackanimals
- Ghirardelli cocoa powder
- Justin’s Maple Almond Butter
- Maca powder
- a multivitamin
- argon oil (times two – they were buy one get one free)
- Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein powder – Chocolate Malt flavour
- Artisana Cacao Bliss
So.excited. for everything. Most of it is new-to-me, so hopefully I find some new regulars!
Annnd that’s all I got for today. You know how every student is excited that they’re done school? Well, that’s awesome for you guys, but as a TA, that means that my marking (with a super short deadline) is just beginning. So, I’m back to my pile of final exams waiting to be marked.
It’s true…we really hate spelling errors.
Have a great start to your weekend!
<— The best thing you’ve eaten this week?
<— Last takeout meal you ordered?
<— Anything in my Swansons winning you’ve used before? What did you think of it?
<— Have you been doing a lot of holiday baking? What have you made?