Woot Friday! And if you’re up in Canada, it’s a long weekend. And if you work at my office, you get off early today Yay!
So first of all, thank you for all your congratulations and well wishes yesterday! Eric and I made sure to celebrate with one of our favourite couple activities – going out for dinner. So, in the theme of Friday lists…
5 Things I Ate at the Buffet Last Night
We went to King’s Buffet, which basically focuses on Chinese and sushi.
1. Wonton soup.
I really need to learn how to make wonton soup at home, because it is just amazing. I could seriously go out for Chinese and just eat buckets of the stuff.
2. Salmon, tuna and crab sashimi, with a piece of mango salmon sushi.
While tuna sashimi is pretty tasty, I’ve decided that it is all about the salmon. I told Eric last night that salmon sashimi may make my list of top three favourite foods, which is a pretty big deal.
3. Fried sweet potato, a shrimp dumpling, a pork dumpling, asparagus, and mussels.
Sweet potato is amazing in any form, including battered and deep fried
4. Seaweed salad (and more sushi).
Not quite as good as the seaweed salad at my beloved Sushi 8, but you pretty much can’t go wrong with seaweed salad ever.
5. Dessert round.
Chunks of banana in strawberry sauce for me,, and a slice of cappuccino mousse cake for Eric. I adore bananas in this strawberry sauce stuff, but I can only find it on the dessert table at Chinese restaurants. Must.eat.more.often.
5 Things Happening This Week:
1. In addition to making a dessert for my parent’s BBQ tomorrow, I also made gummy bears…
of the vodka variety. The ones on the left are soaking in fruit loops vodka (I’m going for super-fruity ones) and the ones on the right are in a mix of cake vodka and bubblegum vodka (weird combination, but I was feeling adventurous). I’ve never tried it before, so we’ll see how these turn out!
2. Today is the Foodie Pen Pal Reveal Day. Unfortunately, my package will be arriving late, so I’ll have to update you all on what I got another day. But, you can take a look over at Deb’s blog to see what I picked out for her!
3. I’ve become a gum/mint fiend all of a sudden.
I think it’s because of afternoons at work when I get bored and need something to do with my mouth (TWSS?), because lately I’ve been at least a couple of pieces per day. I’m a particularly big fan of the Trident Layers gum, it’s awesome.
4. I borrowed (read: stole) Ashley‘s Father’s Day present to Cody for an anniversary present for Eric.
Complete with the phrase “I love you to pieces!” (Cause it’s Reese’s Pieces. Teehee). And yes, that is my handwriting. There is a reason why I type everything.
5. We had some crazy levels of humidity here over last weekend and the beginning of this week…so bad, that Eric and I decided that we could not make it the summer without air conditioning. I mentioned this to a coworker of mine, who offered me his old window unit for $20. Umm, you don’t pass up a deal that good. We got it hooked up and working, but the only problem was that the extender-things on the side were ripped.
Duck tape solves all. Definitely an eyesore, but at least we’re not dying of the heat anymore.
And that’s all I got for you! Due to the long weekend I’m not sure when I’ll be back to blogging, but have a good one my dears!
<— What are your top 3 favourite foods? This is such a hard one! I’m going to go with salmon sashimi…peanut butter….and chocolate.
<— Are you a big gum chewer?
<— Would you rather be stuck without a heater in the winter or an air conditioner in the summer? Before I would have said the air conditioner, but now I’m not so sure…