Good morning! How’s everyone doing today?
So, I write a blog post most days of the week. Considering that I’ve been at this for almost a year (a year next month! That snuck up on me), you would think that I’ve pretty much told the internet everything there is to know about me and my life.
But…not the case. There’s definitely at least a few things that you guys don’t know. So a random things ‘about me’ post? I think so.
1. I bet you didn’t know this, but…I was a Highland dancer for the vast majority of my childhood. You know the thing with the bagpipes and the kilts?
Yup…I did that. From the age of three up until thirteen. I quit because I was starting high school and wanted to free up my time, and because I had reached the highest level of competition and didn’t really have any more goals with it. Most of my summers were spent driving around Southern Ontario on weekends attending various competitions…part of me really misses it!
2. I bet you didn’t know this, but…Eric and I are Game of Thrones nerds. Ok…you did know that. But, his collection of GoT memorabilia extends to a book of maps that he got for Christmas. One of which we put directly over the sink.
So I’m staring at this every time I cook or we do the dishes…yes, we are nerds.
3. I bet you didn’t know this, but…I have a lot of piercings. In fact, I would say that piercings were my big ‘rebellious’ thing when I was a teenager. The one that was the most scandalous (and got me in the most trouble) was when I pierced my lip at seventeen.
(Bahhh high school picture!) Pretty sure I only had it done for a few months, which is probably a good thing…I was working a summer job in a factory and had to take it out when I was on the floor, and it grew in within a couple of hours. I still have a bit of a scar.
4. I bet you didn’t know this, but…I can’t do word jumbles. You know those puzzles in the newspaper where they just jumble up all the letters? I can’t do those AT ALL. My brain just does not seem to process them very well. However, I am all about the crossword puzzles.
5. I bet you didn’t know this, but…field hockey was ‘my sport’ in high school. I was absolutely obsessed with it – I was captain my final year. In fact, I still have my field hockey stick. I keep it under the bed.
So potential burglars…if you break in, you may get a field hockey stick to the face. You’ve been warned.
6. I bet you didn’t know this, but…the first recipe I ever posted on Better With Sprinkles was a guacamole recipe.
This should come as absolutely no surprise to you (Although, reading old posts = most awkward thing ever….)
7. I bet you didn’t know this, but…I didn’t start eating peanut butter until college. I wasn’t allowed to bring it to school as a kid (every year, I had a kid with peanut butter allergies in my class, so we wouldn’t be allowed to bring it) so I never really thought about home. My first year of university I had a phase where I would eat peanut butter and banana toast for lunch that lasted for about 4-5 months, and the love affair has continued since then. I’m pretty sure my current obsession is making up for years of peanut butter neglect.
That’s basically the face I make whenever I open a jar. (source)
8. I bet you didn’t know this, but…Atticus’s middle name is Helmut. Clearly, that translates into ‘helmet’. The top of his head is really…dome-y. So it looks like he has a little helmet under his fur.
Can you see the dome on top of his head? (you’re probably too distracted by that face…oh god, that’s precious).
And that seems like a good place to leave off. Have a good one!
<— Do your pets get middle names?
<— Any other dancers or field hockey players? What sports did you play in high school?
<— What’s something I didn’t know about you?
<— Any other peanut butter devotees out there?