Happy Monday! Yup – I’m allowed to be excited that it’s Monday because we’re officially into my birthday week. Why yes, I am big into celebrations
But I learned some important lessons over the weekend that I figured were worth sharing, so here you go:
1. When you’re doing an outdoor fall activity in the evening, a pumpkin spice tea is a great way to keep yourself warm.
So warm and comforting…(source)
An even better way to keep yourself warm is to add a shot of Caramel Bailey’s. That was the best decision I’ve made in a while.
2. Homemade caramel sauce goes from perfect to hideously burnt really quickly. And it’s a really, really bad idea to get it in your finger…I’m rocking a nice burn blister on the tip of my pinky finger right now. The version I ended up with was a bit runny for my liking, but I wasn’t about to attempt it a third time.
3. Pumpkins are awesome.
(from my Instagram)
Sparkly purple pumpkins are even better.
4. People get really, really sweaty in Spin class. The spin room at my gym is really small and the class was full, so leaving at the end was hazardous. Simultaneously trying to avoid big puddles on the ground and trying not to touch any sweaty bodies in a crowded room is not an easy feat.
5. You can break buttercream frosting.
Like, it separated…I didn’t know that could happen! I spent a good hour trying to save it, before it ended up in the garbage. Le sigh.
6. I can teach people the concept of hashtags. At my family Thanksgiving on Saturday, I spent some time trying to explain to my mom and my brother what hashtags are and how to use them. At dinner I was taking a photo of my wine when a cousin asked me if I was posting it on Instagram. My brother suddenly announced “I get it! Hashtag dinner roll!”
He gets it. #dinnerroll
7. Cheddar popcorn is wonderful. Caramel popcorn is also wonderful.
Together, they are wonderfully addicting. Cannot keep my hand out of that bag.
9. They make The Nightmare Before Christmas sweaters for dogs.
And Atticus looks adorable in it.
10. My family really, really likes dessert.
Caramel apple cake, rice pudding, pumpkin cake, chocolate cheesecake. Apparently, we also really like caramel.
And ten is always a good number to end at. Have a great Monday!
<— Have you ever tried to explain to someone how Twitter, Instagram or hashtags work?
<— What did you learn this weekend?
<— How do you like your popcorn?
<— What do you usually add to tea?