So even though we’re a few days into June, I can still discuss some of my favourite things and favourite moments from May, right? better late than never
So in May, I was…
Over the weekend, I finally finished reading The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss, which is the second book in The Kingkiller Chronicle (I reviewed The Name of the Wind, the first book in the series here). The second book continued to prove that Rothfuss’ debut was not just a fluke – this man is seriously talented when it comes to fantasy. The worst thing about this book was the fact that Book 3 likely won’t be released until next year.
I’ve actually at a bit of a loss for what to read next, actually. I wondered around the library for a bit but nothing jumped out at me. I need book recommendations!
Game of Thrones. Of course. PLEASE tell me that you saw episode from last Sunday!! If you haven’t read the books…betcha didn’t see that coming, did you?
Amaranthe – the Nexus. It’s my metalhead roots showing…basically, if you ever wanted to know what metal sounded like when it was fused with pop melodies, this is it. It’s a pretty fabulous album, but I’m not sure if it beats their first release.
For the last week, lots of salads. In fact, I managed to eat one a day as per my guidelines for salad week…definitely feeling a little better now that I’m getting fresh produce in me on the regular.
So…bacon. It’s amazing. It’s one of those foods that I had convinced myself for ages that I didn’t like. I was wrong. Oh, so wrong. Bacon is delicious.
Mexican food. Of course, that’s no different from any other month.
May Blog Recipes:
- Tomato Basil Turkey Burgers – feta really just improves everything.
- Mexican Rice Stovetop Casserole – quick, delicious and Mexican – can’t go wrong.
- Bean and Bacon soup – because I’m nerdy enough that I make recipes based on my favourite fantasy book series.
And writing random blog posts about:
- Happy Weight: realizing that I’m back at my pre-ED weight…and being ok with that.
- Conference Eats: More academic conferences; making contacts and getting experience!
- The Coca Cola campaign and ‘Happy Calories’: my feelings on the newest Coke advertising campaign.
- Owning it: Celebrating my new found self-confidence.
- A Lifetime of Gaming: yup, embracing my nerdiness.
And to finish off, my favourite moments from May:
- Craig’s birthday: celebrating my brother’s birthday with a gin-and-tonic cake. Yup, I try to be creative when it comes to birthday cake
- Celebrating the boyfriend’s birthday: yup, it was a birthday-heavy month.
- Baking bread: I made real bread! With yeast! Yup, I’m feeling pretty legit
- Clearly, bringing home my new man was the highlight of the month. God, I am smitten.
Who couldn’t love that face?
So May was pretty awesome…and I know June’s going to be too. A lot of exciting things coming up soon!
Have a good one!
<— Bacon fan?
<— What were you reading in May? Any book recommendations for me?
<— Did you come up with any awesome recipes in May? Give me links!