So it’s been forever and a half, but I’m linking up to Becky‘s Treat Yourself Tuesday today!
So I currently live a little less than an hour and a half from the Canadian/US border at Port Huron, Michigan. So it’s a pretty popular thing for people around here to take a day or a weekend to go shopping in the States. My mom and I used to do it all the time when I was younger – I’m pretty sure that all of my semi-formal dresses in high school plus my prom dress came from the States. It was the easiest way to make sure I wasn’t going to end up with the same dress as someone else! Because, we all know that was so devastating in high school
We hadn’t been for a looong time, so we made plans to drive down this past Saturday for a day of shopping at Great Lakes Crossing Outlet Mall in Auburn Hills.
I desperately needed summer clothes after my weight gain, so this was a good place to go. Outlet sales combined with Memorial Day sales = win.
I also wanted a dress for the cocktail hour and dinner the Friday night of Blend (eep! Just over a week!). I typically lean towards ‘little black dress’ types, but I went a bit out of the box this time around.
Of course, I can’t go to the US and not go food shopping.
Once we finished at the mall, I insisted we head to the Trader Joe’s one town over. I was not disappointed, to say the least. We finished up our trip with a visit to Target for a few essentials and more food.
Overall, I got a good selection of stuff!
- a cami and dress (Charlotte Russe)
- workout capris, shorts and a top (TJ Maxx)
- shorts and a maxi skirt (New York & Company)
- two tanks, a pair of shorts, and a pair of jeggings (Forever 21 – I think it’s like Target – I always have better luck at the US locations)
- gladiator sandals (Target)
- plus some less exciting stuff – makeup and bedsheets from Target, a new nose ring from a random kiosk in the mall
The Trader Joe’s haul:
- cheese puffs (I definitely wrote ‘cheese pugs’ there…)
- guacamole hummus
- soyaki sauce
- crunchy cookie butter
- cocoa almond spread
- Greek yogurt
- dark chocolate honey mints (of course, those are open already…)
- fig butter
- body butter
- unpictured: almond meal and chocolate chips
So basically, I bought everything that Ang told me too And I really wanted coconut chips, but they were out!!! Slightly devastating.
The rest of the food:
- Cascadian farms Cinnamon Crunch
- various Chobanis
- Kodiak Cakes
- Ben & Jerry’s – Hazed & Confused Core (I am so excited to eat this. You have no idea) and Half Baked Froyo
- Cherry Coke Zero (so bad for me. so don’t care- it’s my favourite next to Vanilla Coke Zero)
- Quest bars in Cookies n Cream and Peanut Butter Cups
- Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter (I should have bought more than one…so good).
So basically, there was a lot of treating myself on Saturday Obviously, I love having the fun groceries, but I’m excited to have shorts that I don’t have to squish myself into and shirts that are a bit more flattering on my body type! It’s definitely a huge confidence and self esteem booster to have clothes that actually fit the way they should.
Have a good one!
<— Last item of clothing you bought yourself?
<— How have you treated yourself lately?
<— Favourite clothing stores?