Gotta love the alliteration there.
How was everyone’s weekend? We managed to get the perfect weather all weekend long – around 25 (77) and lots of sun. Of course, I tried to spend a lot of time outside to enjoy it!
So, my quick weekend recap:
- Drinks on the Shoeless Joe‘s Patio with the bestie and her boyfriend Friday night.
- The first Shaken Iced Tea of the season while running errands on Saturday:
If you’ve been reading me for a while you that I can’t do anything related to coffee, but I do love my Starbucks iced teas in the summer. Although, maybe I’d like iced coffee better than regular coffee? I might have to test this theory sometime…
- My foray into pretending that I have a green thumb:
My dad is an avid gardener, but my only experience with it is:
1. Telling my dad what to plant (like the one year I asked him to plant eggplant and we ended up with like 40 of them. That was also the year I discovered that I don’t like eggplant…)
2. Eating (most of) what he grew. Basically, after I left home, any visits back in the summer ended with me taking a pile of tomatoes with me when I left.
So basically, I have no idea what I’m doing and this should be interesting. I’ve got: mint, cilantro, rosemary, and purple basil. Fingers crossed I don’t kill it all right away!
- Saturday night sushi date.
As per usual, Eric and I went for All You Can Eat (at 168 Sushi, our current favourite sushi place ) and ate so much that neither of us needed to eat for approximately 16 hours afterwards. Sushi, you are delicious.
Also, this is what sushi on a Pringle looks like:
Our favourite dessert when we get sushi:
- Enjoying the gorgeous weather on Sunday:
First with a trip to the dog park, then hanging outside on the balcony with a book – so relaxing.
- My momma’s birthday surprise:
Tickets to see Cirque du Soleil! I bought these tickets in December when they first went on sale with the intent of surprising my mom on her birthday, and frankly, I’m just proud of myself for being able to keep the secret this long. I told her to be at my apartment at a certain time, then we hopped in her car and drove downtown. After we got out, I handed her her birthday card…with the tickets tucked inside and 15 minutes until the show started. SURPRISE!
She told me that she didn’t see that coming at all, so I’m just happy with myself that I managed to pull off the surprise – it was killing me a little keeping it a secret for so long.
But it was an amazing show! I’ve never seen Cirque du Soleil and my Mom had only seen one other one a few years back, but we both agreed that this show was fantastic. The insane amount of skill, flexibility, agility and strength that goes into these performances is astounding, to say the least.
(and I meant to get a picture of the two of us and I didn’t. Fail).
Overall, definitely a fabulous weekend! And now, I’m into the three day countdown until I head to Utah for Blend. Eep!
Have a great Monday!
<— Do you have a green thumb? Any tips for garden/herb-growing newbies?
<— Ever seen Cirque du Soleil? What did you think?
<— What did you get up to over the weekend?